RadioXU #12


Welcome back to RadioXU! Tonight we present the final installment of our look back at the Post-Punk period of the late ’70s and early ’80s... We’ll be enjoying the challenging sounds of...

– Playlist –

MAGAZINE – The Light Pours Out Of Me
ADAM & THE ANTS – Zerox
PUNISHMENT OF LUXURY – Puppet Life
SWELL MAPS – Another Song
THE SKIDS – Scared To Dance
MEDIUM MEDIUM – Hungry, So Angry
TV21 – Snakes And Ladders
PUBLIC IMAGE LTD – Public Image
THE FLYING LIZARDS – The Window
DNA – Egomaniac’s Kiss
JAMES WHITE & THE BLACKS – Contort Yourself
LIZZY MERCIER DESCLOUX – Torso Corso
DARK DAY – Nudes in the Forest
YOUNG MARBLE GIANTS – Searching For Mr Right
THOMAS LEER – Private Plane
FAD GADGET – Ricky’s Hand
GARY NUMAN & TUBEWAY ARMY – Down In The Park

Download or listen to streaming audio below:


What do you think of this music?
Share some comments and let us know...

6 comments:

Peacefrog said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the new podcast. I think I liked this one more than most in this series. It seemed to me there were more guitars, and I got a Talking Heads vibe throughout. Always enjoy hearing new sounds, and this certainly fits the bill. Cheers, and looking forward to the next destination on the journey. Byrnes

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey there, KB! Happy New Year to you, too. Glad you enjoyed the latest. We will be definitely be back in guitar territory with the next episode. Thanks for sharing your comments. I always look forward to hearing your thoughts on the music!

Unknown said...

Omg...just realized that it's been more then 10 years since i heard your podcast for the first time...And still can't get enough ! Huge thanks for bringing all those great bands and songs together , keep it up : you're awesome ! :)

MAD4MUSIC said...

Dear listener-- Thank you for your kind words. You made my day! Hearing from folks that get the same thrill from this music as I do is the reason I do this podcast.

I'm in the process of selecting music for the next couple of episodes. I hope to have something new for you to enjoy sometime soon.

Thanks, and keep listening!
--Tom D.

Darryl said...

Hi Tom D, Hope you and yours are keeping safe in this scary time. Fortunately, those of us who haven't lost their hearing yet can take refuge in the world of music. I put my favorite headphones on and forgot about my troubles. Excellent podcast. As you mentioned, the sound was indeed an aural treat. Too many standout tunes to mention specific favorites: Just a bang up job from start to finish. You introduced me to next wave and no wave - both were quite interesting. Guess I never realized how much I was missing in the 70s. Looking forward to listening to your next musical direction.

D

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey Big D. Good to hear from you! Yep, we're "sheltering in place," and I imagine you are too. It's strange days, my friend. Glad to hear you're taking advantage of the situation to find more time for music. I'm working from home right now, so I get to kick out the jams all day long :-)