RadioXU #28


Welcome back to RadioXU! Tonight we continue our multi-part excursion to that great land down under... Australia! We’ll be enjoying the exciting Aussie underground scene of the late-‘70s and ‘80s. Punk, Post-Punk, Garage Rock... You name it!

– Playlist –

THE SCIENTISTS – Swampland
THE VISITORS – Living World
ME 262 – Feel Like I’m Gonna Die
HAPPY HATE ME NOTS – Salt, Sour & Brighton
THE PLUNDERERS – I Didn’t Even See Them At All
THE THOUGHT CRIMINALS – Fuck The Neighbours
THE FUN THINGS – (I Ain’t Got) Time Enough For Love
PRIMITIVE CALCULATORS – Pumping Ugly Muscle
PEL MEL – No Word From China
BABEEZ – Dowanna Love
TEENAGE RADIO STARS – Wanna Be Ya Baby
PLUG UGLIES – All Done In
RAZAR – Stamp Out Disco
WET TAXIS – Sailor’s Dream
SUPER-K – Recurring Nightmare
THE TRIFFIDS – Raining Pleasure


What do you think of this music?
Share some comments and let us know...

10 comments:

Peacefrog said...

Another great outing. Thanks for enlightening my ears to the rocking sounds of the Aussie underground. Good stuff all around! love hearing new stuff (even if it is old stuff!).

Cheers!
Byrnes

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey buddy. Glad you enjoyed it. A lot more good stuff to come!

Thom Opal said...

Good to hear The Scientists again after all these years. I remember loving this song, as well as "We Had Love" and "Demolition Derby." Looking forward to new discoveries here - thanks TD!

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey there, Thom! I’m glad you’re enjoying the podcasts. Thanks for commenting. It’s fun to hear from people who are enjoying the music. Be sure and check out some of the earliest episodes. The psychedelic-themed ones were particularly fun!

rangster said...

Thom Opal, uh, San Francisco...Numinous Fools? Brain fog far away in time. Sonic flashback, certainly.

MAD4MUSIC said...

That is correct! Good memory you have there, B.

rangster said...

Rockin' Set!!! Just shared it with a pal in Perth. Loving the energy of these tunes and only on the fourth one so far. This is gonna be a replay. So much to explore Tom, thanks again for getting all of XU in my ears. -B.

MAD4MUSIC said...

I’m glad you’re diggin’ it. And thank you for sharing it with your Australian friend. I hope he enjoys it!

Big D said...

Greetings Tom D! I've been MIA for awhile, as I seem to have lost my groove. But now I'm back! I dug plenty of groovy sounds in 27 and 28 and I'm about to listen to 29. Had no idea the Land of Aus produced such a wide variety of hard rocking music. Thanks for continuing our journey of musical enlightenment.

MAD4MUSIC said...

Big D— Good to hear from you! I’m glad you’re back onboard and digging the Aussie sounds. Rock on, my friend!