RadioXU #27


Tonight we begin a multi-part excursion to that great land down under... where the beer does flow and men chunder! We’re referring, of course, to Australia! We’ll be exploring the exciting Aussie underground scene of the late-‘70s and ‘80s. Punk, Post-Punk, Garage Rock... We got it!

– Playlist –

MINUTEMAN – Voodoo Slaves
PSYCHO-SURGEONS – Wild Weekend
THE 31ST – Time Moves Fast
THE NUMBERS – Government Boy
FEEDTIME – Don’t Tell Me
THE LAST WORDS – Animal World
THE SAINTS – Know Your Product
THE NEWS – Dirty Lies
SACRED COWBOYS – Hell Sucks
RADIO BIRDMAN – Do the Pop
COSMIC PSYCHOS – Lost Cause
TACTICS – Long Story
HOODOO GURUS – (Let’s All) Turn On
THE CHOSEN FEW – There’s a Lot of It Going Around
THE BAMBOOS – With Which To Love You
THE GO-BETWEENS – Darlinghurst Nights


What do you think of this music?
Share some comments and let us know...

4 comments:

Peacefrog said...

outside of the obvious bands (AC/DC, INXS, Midnight Oil, Rose Tattoo, to name but a few), I'm sadly ignorant to a lot of rock down under. I am somewhat familiar with a few of the bands here (Radio Birdman, The Saints), but this was a great primer of Aussie Garage Rock.

My favorite tracks: THE CHOSEN FEW – There’s a Lot of It Going Around (Reminded me of Parquet Courts...perhaps even the inspiration for "Stoned and Starving"), and the sublime entry by THE BAMBOOS – With Which To Love You.

Rock On!
Byrnes

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey Byrnes. Glad you enjoyed it!

I agree with your picks. There’s something about The Chosen Few track that always sticks with me, and The Bamboos cut is very pleasant indeed :-)

This episode is just the tip of the iceberg. I got 5 more coming in the pipeline. You’re going to get a masterclass in ‘70s-‘80s Aussie Indie-Alternative Rock!

Alan said...

Hi Tom. I'm glad you're back and am totally excited to hear more episodes of great Aussie rock. This episode has many fantastic bands. I've been fortunate to see Radio Birdman and the Go-Betweens live. Brilliant shows!

Right of the top of my head, I'm hoping to hear the New Christs, Celibate Rifles, the Scientists and the mighty X. Maybe the Birthday Party, too. I especially hope to hear my favorites, the Mark of Cain. And when you're done with Australia, I hear New Zealand calling. Thanks!

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hi Alan.

I’m glad you’re stoked about the Aussie podcast series. You won’t be disappointed! It’s gonna be good.

Do have any MARK OF CAIN song recommendations?