RadioXU #30


Welcome back to RadioXU... The podcast that dives deep into rock’s rich legacy! Tonight we continue our visit to the vibrant Australian underground scene of the late ’70s and ’80s. Prepare to be rocked by the stimulating sounds of...

– Playlist –

THE PSYCHOTIC TURNBUCKLES – Alburquerque (Wild Scenes)
THE LIME SPIDERS – Out of Control
LITTLE MURDERS – Take Me, I’m Yours
THE VAMPIRE LOVERS – Buzzsaw Popstar
THE BOYS NEXT DOOR – Sex Crimes
X – Half Way Round The World
THE SINGLES – Love of Loves
THE LIPSTICK KILLERS – Driving the Special Dead (Live)
BEASTS OF BOURBON – Drop Out
THE RIPTIDES – Only Time
THE BIRTHDAY PARTY – Release The Bats
JOHNNY DOLE & THE SCABS – Living Like An Animal
THE INNER SLEEVES – End It All
THE BLACK ASSASSINS – Death Take Me Now
THE HARD-ONS – Bye Bye Girl
THE LONELY HEARTS – Last Kiss
THE MARK OF CAIN – Lords of Summer
THE SLUGFUCKERS – Cacophony


What do you think of this music?
Share some comments and let us know...

6 comments:

Peacefrog said...

So much variety through these Aussie episodes! who knew? My faves? Definitely The Lonely Hearts' "Last Kiss"! Ever since the Raspberries and Cheap Trick, I am a sucker for decent Power Pop. I also dug the frenetic "Buzzsaw Popstar", which sounded to my ears a little like the Dead Kennedys. Lime Spiders and Boys Next Door were also stand outs on this one. Cheers!

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey there, KB-- Glad you appreciated the power pop selections. They were a nice balance to the more punk-oriented offerings. I agree with your take on "Buzzsaw Popstar"... The Vampire Lovers must've been familiar with D.K.s oeuvre... :-)

***-a-l-a-n-*** said...

Thanks for the shoutout and playing the Mark of Cain track. What a great band they were! I loved the X track, it’s probably my favorite song of theirs. Loved to the Black Assassins song too; I definitely need to find their greatest hits album. This was another all killer, no filler episode! Thanks again.

MAD4MUSIC said...

Hey Alan. Glad you enjoyed the music and caught your shoutout.

Thanks for the tip on Mark of Cain.

I’ve got 2 more Aussie-centric podcasts planned. There’s more killer stuff to come!

Big D said...

Hiya Tom D, That was quite a rockin’ high-energy set. My absolute favorite was Mark of Cain. An excellent recommendation. Also really enjoyed Lime Spiders, The Inner Sleeves, and The Singles. I’m still blown away by the musical chops and excellent production by these down under bands. Keep it coming!

MAD4MUSIC said...

Glad you enjoyed it, my friend!