RadioXU #22


Greetings! Welcome to RadioXU! We’re back once again with proof that there was more to the ‘80s than drum machines, synthesizers and big hair... Rock’n’roll was alive and well! Get your blood pumpin’ with the stirring sounds of...

– Playlist –

TAD – Sex God Missy
THE BIRTHDAY PARTY – Sonny’s Burning
SCREAMING TREES – Change Has Come
GIANT SAND – Barrio
BLACK FLAG – Best One Yet
SACCHARINE TRUST – Drugstore Logic
BIG DIPPER – All Going Out Together
THE GORIES – View From Here
DUMPTRUCK – Island
ELEVENTH DAY DREAM – Sweet Smell
BIG DIPPER – You’re Not Patsy
THE BIRTHDAY PARTY – Fears Of Gun
SWELL MAPS – Let’s Build A Car
BLACK FLAG – Slip It In
SACCHARINE TRUST – A Human Certainty

Download or listen to streaming audio below:


What do you think of this music?
Share some comments and let us know...

4 comments:

Peacefrog said...

love it! this episode had a decidedly harder edge throughout all the songs. I was always a big fan of Seattle's TAD. Not that I was all that familiar with the songs here, but the ones I liked best were from Giant Sand, and "A Human Certainty" by Saccharine Trust. These songs were truly ahead of their time. Happy New Year! Cheers! Byrnes

MAD4MUSIC said...

Yeah, you're right... It was little on the hard side side this time around, but it felt good! TAD set the tone from the get-go.

I remember that Giant Sand song sticking with me when I first heard it. I find those lyrics very evocative.

That's cool that you dug the Saccharine Trust. I saved that track for last because I thought folks might find it a bit too abrasive. I'm glad you liked it!

Alan said...

I discovered this blog last week and am happily working my way backwards through the playlists. I love the mix of songs, some of which are part of my musical DNA, like Minutemen, Husker Du and Sonic Youth. I'm enjoying even more the bands that I know, but haven't listened to in a long time. Perhaps the best compliment I can give is that there has not been a single song I've been tempted to skip. Thanks from central California!

MAD4MUSIC said...

That’s what I love to hear! I’m glad you’re enjoying the podcasts, Alan, and reconnecting with some old musical favorites. In putting together these playlists I also have revisited a lot of music I haven’t listened to in a very long time. It still sounds as vital now as it did back then. I’m in the process of planning some new episodes. So, stay tuned.

Thanks for your comment. It made my day!