RadioXU #4

RadioXU04

Welcome to RadioXU! We’re back once again to bring you music that matters! In this episode: More from NYC & The UK...

– Playlist –

RICHARD HELL & THE VOIDOIDS – Blank Generation
THE HEARTBREAKERS – Pirate Love
DEAD BOYS – Sonic Reducer
SUICIDE – Rocket USA
THE DICTATORS – Master Race Rock
THE HEARTBREAKERS – Chinese Rocks
RICHARD HELL & THE VOIDOIDS – You Gotta Lose
DEAD BOYS – High Tension Wire
SUICIDE – Cheree
THE DAMNED – New Rose
THE SAINTS – (I’m) Stranded
BUZZCOCKS – Time’s Up
SEX PISTOLS – Anarchy In The UK
THE CLASH – 1977
THE VIBRATORS – Baby Baby
THE ADVERTS – Gary Gilmore’s Eyes

Right-click here to download or listen to streaming audio below:

2 comments:

Peacefrog said...

great stuff here. all punk classics (even thought I am not the biggest Suicide fan).

"Then I'll be ten feet tall
And you'll be nothing at all"

one of my favorite lines!

I always thought the Dictators were overlooked. The album cover for Girl Crazy is one of the best (and funniest) ever.

Byrnes

MAD4MUSIC said...

Some profundity from The Dictators:

"We've reached a higher spiritual plane
That is so high, I can't explain
We tell jokes to make you laugh
We play sports so we don't get fat!"

The Dictators' lyrics always seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek... I wonder if that worked against them, in terms of reaching greater popularity...